It was another a great week in the 2019 legislative session! The House and the Senate combined their efforts by holding a joint Appropriations Committee hearing on this year’s budget and I am pleased to share some of the key highlights with you! The updates of the AFY 2019 and FY 2020 budget are listed below!
FY 2020 Budget Highlights:
• $3,000 permanent salary increase for teachers, the largest teacher pay raise in Georgia’s history.
• A 2% merit increase for all state employees.
• $500,000 in initial funds to create a gang task force within the GBI.
AFY 2019 Budget Highlights:
• There is $69 million within the amended 2019 budget going to school safety measures in every public school in the state.
• $8.4 million in additional funding to expand the APEX program in public schools.
• $1 million will be allocated to the Department of Community Health to craft state flexibility options for Georgia’s Medicaid Program.
Until then please feel free to contact me to voice any concerns or questions you have on any legislation up for consideration in the House or the Senate. I can be reached at my Capitol office at 404-656-0287, or by email at email@example.com. As always, thank you for allowing me to serve as your state representative!